Sunday, March 11, 2012

Roadside Rock

My dear, dear reading public:

Today was the kind of day that makes life worth living.  Often I stopped and laughed out loud I was so pleased to be where I was, with friends, having a simply delightful time - and all the while, it seemed I could feel the Earth moving beneath my feet, the passing of time, and hot damn there I was!  Glad, so glad to be alive.  It's the kind of feeling you try to recall at the end of a hard day, during challenging times, to remind you why you keep on keepin' on.  There's no question in my mind that luck and persistance are both on my side that I am blessed enough to enjoy days like today.

Are you drooling and at the edge of your seat for me to tell you what I was doing?




...


How about now?

Hints:
1) We were outside
2) One, if sane, needs lots of gear to proceed safely
3) French is involved

Answer:
Rock climbing!

Lovely Shawn and Amber took me out for my first rock climbing adventure, and we had a blast.  Perfect cool, clear weather, the sun at our back, we did three routes the least of which was a 5.8 (Ya like how it sounds as though I know what that means?), everyone getting a chance at each, and perhaps I'll shut up and show you the pictures.  Suffice to say, I had so much fun (and, maybe my fingers are a LITTLE raw) that I kind of want to live in a van and be a climbing bum.  Three cheers for hobbies and goals!

Enjoy!


Gettin' 'er done.
How awesome is THAT - Go Amber!
Thanks for keeping us safe, Amber!
 



Shawn's not relaxed or anything...
If you can't tell, his feet are crossed!



I'm about to be face to face with a LOT of bat guano.


Look!  I completed the route!

No comments:

Post a Comment