Thursday, August 11, 2011

...And the skies are not cloudy all day

Dear Readers,

Howdy!  Please forgive the absence from my posting post, between the thousands and miles and boxes and constant readjustment, I've neglected correspondence both personal, professional, and public.  But never fear!  The urge to gloat verbosely is not lost, and thus neither is your chance to be involved in the best parts of my life here in the Ruby Valley!

My dear readers, you have so much to look forward to: new and old recipes amended for baking at altitude, recipes for wild game, and stories about my successes and failures at organizing meals, as well as oodles of beautiful pictures, and simply wild stories about the wonderful people of the Ruby and their lives here.

In lieu of such particulars today, I will offer you photographs from a hike buddy Margi and I completed a few weeks ago, off of Mill Creek Road.  Enjoy!








2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's gorgeous! I'm so jealous of your August snow. Or is that a glacier? Down here it's all thunderstorms and geckos and 10-foot-tall weeds. I'm glad you're settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely icey snow from last year. The valley and surrounding mountain ranges had about 200% of the regular snowfall, so...there's a lot still around, and fall is settling in already. Yipes.

    Email pictures of geckos, please!

    ReplyDelete